Thermodown 30 Down Quilt
Our Thermodown 30 down quilt provides tremendous versatility and comfort. Complete with a pad strap, your search for a great warm weather backpacking quilt ends here!
Find incredible versatility and comfort in our Thermodown 30 down sleeping quilt, one of Backpacking Magazine's "Best Sleeping Bags of 2019". With excellent materials and performance, your search for a great warm weather backcountry quilt ends here!
Backcountry quilts offer incredible versatility that is unmatched by traditional sleeping bags. On cool nights, our quilts can be easily closed up to form a standard mummy sleeping bag, complete with cinch cords at the foot box and collar to keep the warmth in. When the weather warms up, open up the quilt to provide the ventilation needed to keep you nice and comfortable. You can even adjust comfort throughout a backpacking trip as the weather changes. Finally, use it as a simple blanket while enjoying a backcountry meal or high alpine sunset.
The beauty of quilts is that they can be adapted to suit almost everyone, in almost every situation. No need to have several sleeping bags for different seasons or compromise by using the same one throughout the year.
Each quilt is filled with 16 ounces of high quality 700-fill power down (17 ounces for Long version) for amazing loft to tackle those cool summer nights above the tree line. However, the added warmth does not compromise on size and weight. The quilt comes in at only 2 lb. (2 lb. 2 oz. for Long version) and packs down to just 9 x 6.5 in.
The quilt comes with an adjustable strap to easily secure it to your sleeping pad. It will keep you on your pad at night and also prevent any drafts while you sleep.
In addition, we provide a durable compression sack. If you pair our quilt with a compact and lightweight air pad, such as our popular ReCharge UL insulated pad, you can fit both inside the sleeping bag compartment of most multi-day backpacks.
Finally, between trips, use the included mesh storage bag to properly store the quilt.
- Size (Regular): 78 inches long by 56 inches wide
- Size (Long): 84 inches long by 57 inches wide
- Weight (Regular): 2 lb. 0 oz. (add 3 oz. for compression sack)
- Weight (Long): 2 lb. 2 oz. (add 3 oz. for compression sack)
- Fill Material: 700 fill-power 90/10 white duck down
- Fill Weight (Regular): 16 ounces
- Fill Weight (Long): 17 ounces
- Packed Size: 9 inches long by 6.5 inches in diameter
- Shell: light and durable 20D ripstop nylon
- Inner Lining: 320T polyester pongee
How do I care for my new down quilt?
- When you first receive the quilt, run it in the dryer at the lowest temperature setting for about 10 minutes to loosen up the down that has been compressed during the shipping process.
- When heading out on the trail, use the included compression sack to protect the quilt and also reduce the amount of space it takes up in your pack. Use care when stuffing the quilt into the compression sack.
- Between trips, always store your quilt using the included mesh storage sack.
- Always wash your quilt by hand or a front load tumble washer. Never use a top load washer. Never use bleach.
How do I use the included sleeping pad straps?
A detailed set of instructions on how to use the included sleeping pad strap can be found here.
All of our products come with a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. If there is a problem with your gear due to manufacturing, we will replace it free of charge, no questions asked. If you have any concerns about your product, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting us for a warranty claim, please include:
- The specific product, including size or length
- Your original order number
- Your current shipping address
We pride ourselves on our courteous and responsive customer service. We'll do our best to make sure all of our customers are happy with their purchase.