ReCharge UL Insulated Sleeping Pad
The ReCharge UL camping pad is the perfect size (72 x 20 x 2.5) and weight (20 ounces) for ultralight backpackers and thru-hikers. Add a R-value of 3.5 due to the microfiber insulation, and you have a great 3 season pad in a compact package.
You just finished a long day of hiking, found the perfect campsite with an epic view and are ready to settle in for the night. Nothing could be more perfect than cinching up your sleeping bag or quilt on a nice comfortable sleeping pad.
That's why we designed our brand new ReCharge sleeping pads with comfort in mind. Narrower vertical baffles that run across the body create a smooth sleeping surface while the non-slip finish of the diamond rip-stop will keep you from sliding off the pad.
The ReCharge UL is our answer for ultralight backpackers and thru-hikers. Featuring a tapered 72 x 20 inch sleeping surface, 2.5 inches of thickness, and weighing only 20 ounces, it provides an incredible comfort-to-weight ratio.
We wanted our ReCharge pads to be true 3-season pads. We've laminated high-loft synthetic microfiber insulation to the interior of each pad to minimize air movement and maximize warmth. As a result, the ReCharge UL achieves and estimated R-value of 3.5.
Finally, the we utilize a large two-way flat valve to make inflation quick and easy. The valve features an internal built-in flap to prevent air escaping when inflating.
- Size: 72 x 20 inches, tapered design to minimize weight
- Thickness: 2.5 inches
- Weight: 20 ounces
- Estimated R-value: 3.5
- Material: 40 Denier TPU diamond rip-stop nylon
- Insulation: Laminated 90g/m2 synthetic microfiber
- Packed size: 7 x 4 inches
- Includes: sleeping pad, rip-stop nylon stuff sack, repair kit (patches and adhesive)
How do I make a repair using the included repair kit?
Please follow these steps to make a repair to your sleeping pad:
- Cut the repair patch to cover the puncture location and provide at least 1/2 inch of overlap. Try to keep the cut to a circular shape and avoid corners which can snag.
- Apply the adhesive to the leak area, extending slightly beyond the size of the patch.
- Press the entire patch down on the adhesive and squeeze down for 2-3 minutes to help the adhesive get a good grip.
- Let dry for 5-10 minutes, then apply another coat of adhesive on top of the patch and give it 15-20 minutes to cure. Depending on the location of the leak, you may want to apply an additional coat to help keep the patch down over curved areas.
- Let the pad dry flat overnight.