ReCharge S Insulated Sleeping Pad
The ReCharge S insulated sleeping pad has the size (48 x 23 x 4 inches) and weight (13.4 ounces) to be a top choice for ultralight backpackers. It's also incredibly warm with an R-value of 4.7 and packs down to only 5.5 x 3.5 inches.
You just finished a long day of hiking, found the perfect campsite with an epic view and are ready to settle in for the night. Nothing could be more perfect than cinching up your sleeping bag or quilt on a nice comfortable sleeping pad.
That's why we designed our ReCharge sleeping pads with comfort in mind. Narrower vertical baffles that run across the body create a smooth sleeping surface while the non-slip finish of the diamond rip-stop will keep you from sliding off the pad.
Our ReCharge S is a top choice for an ultralight backpacker, with a rectangular 3.5-inch thick 48 x 22 inch sleeping surface that provides excellent support for your head, shoulders, and hips. However, it weighs in at a minuscule 13.4 ounces.
We wanted our ReCharge pads to be true 3-season pads. We've laminated high-loft synthetic microfiber insulation to the interior of each pad to minimize air movement and maximize warmth. As a result, the ReCharge S achieves an estimated R-value of 4.5.
Finally, we utilize a large two-way flat valve to make inflation quick and easy. The valve features an internal built-in flap to prevent air escaping when inflating.
- Size: 48 x 22 inches, rectangular design to maximize comfort
- Thickness: 3.5 inches
- Pad Only Weight: 13.4 ounces
- Total Weight: 13.9 ounces (pad, stuff sack, repair kit)
- Estimated R-value: 4.5
- Material: 40 Denier TPU diamond rip-stop nylon
- Insulation: Laminated 90g/m2 synthetic microfiber
- Packed size: 5.5 x 3.5 inches
- Includes: sleeping pad, rip-stop nylon stuff sack, repair kit (patches and adhesive)
How do I make a repair using the included repair kit?
Please follow these steps to make a repair to your sleeping pad:
- Cut the repair patch to cover the puncture location and provide at least 1/2 inch of overlap. Try to keep the cut to a circular shape and avoid corners which can snag.
- Apply the adhesive to the leak area, extending slightly beyond the size of the patch.
- Press the entire patch down on the adhesive and squeeze down for 2-3 minutes to help the adhesive get a good grip.
- Let dry for 5-10 minutes, then apply another coat of adhesive on top of the patch and give it 15-20 minutes to cure. Depending on the location of the leak, you may want to apply an additional coat to help keep the patch down over curved areas.
- Let the pad dry flat overnight.