ReCharge DW Double-Wide Insulated Sleeping Pad
The ReCharge DW double-wide insulated sleeping pad is the perfect size (76 x 48 x 4) for you and your partner. It's also incredibly warm with an R-value of 4.7 and packs down to a respectable 12 x 5 inches.
You just finished a long day of hiking, found the perfect campsite with an epic view and are ready to settle in for the night. Nothing could be more perfect than snuggling up with your partner on a nice comfortable sleeping pad.
That's why we designed our brand new ReCharge DW double-wide sleeping pad with comfort in mind. Narrower vertical baffles that run across the body create a smooth sleeping surface while the non-slip finish of the diamond rip-stop will keep you and your fellow occupants from sliding off the pad.
Our ReCharge DW is perfect for two, with a spacious 76 x 48-inch sleeping surface and 4-inch thickness that will rival your mattress at home. If you bring small kids along, it's even large enough to fit them in the middle. However, it still weighs in at a respectable 51 ounces.
We wanted our ReCharge pads to be true 3-season pads. We've laminated high-loft synthetic microfiber insulation to the interior of each pad to minimize air movement and maximize warmth. As a result, the ReCharge DW achieves an estimated R-value of 4.7.
Finally, we utilize a large two-way flat valve to make inflation quick and easy. The valve features an internal built-in flap to prevent air from escaping when inflating. Use the included pump sack to inflate the pad quickly with minimal effort.
- Size: 76 x 48 inches, rectangular design to maximize comfort for two
- Thickness: 4.0 inches
- Estimated R-value: 4.7
- Weight: 51 ounces
- Packed size: 12 inches long by 5 inches in diameter
- Material: 40 Denier TPU diamond rip-stop nylon
- Insulation: Laminated 90g/m2 synthetic microfiber
- Includes: sleeping pad, pump sack, rip-stop nylon stuff sack, repair patches
How do I keep the valve open while deflating?
Our large two-way valve incorporates an internal flap to keep air escaping when inflating. However, this flap can make deflation difficult by constantly closing and keeping air from being pushed out.
To remedy this, we've added a small notch on the inside of the valve to keep the flap out of the way when trying to deflate the pad. Simply insert your finger into the valve opening and push the internal flap to around 90 degrees. It should then catch on the notch and stay in place. This will keep the airway open for easy deflation.
How do I make a repair using the included repair kit?
Please follow these steps to make a repair to your sleeping pad:
- Cut the repair patch to cover the puncture location and provide at least 1/2 inch of overlap. Try to keep the cut to a circular shape and avoid corners which can snag.
- Apply an adhesive to the leak area, extending slightly beyond the size of the patch.
- Press the entire patch down on the adhesive and squeeze down for 2-3 minutes to help the adhesive get a good grip.
- Let dry for 5-10 minutes, then apply another coat of adhesive on top of the patch and give it 15-20 minutes to cure. Depending on the location of the leak, you may want to apply an additional coat to help keep the patch down over curved areas.
- Let the pad dry flat overnight.
This has to be the best kept secret in sleeping pads for couples! We spent our first night on it last night and it dipped to 20 degrees here in N.B. Canada! It was likely the comfort limit for this pad, and I'd love to see a version with an R rating near 7, but there is so much value in this pad compared to the popular names out there that this is a winner by a landslide!
I know the reviews are good, but I had my doubts as a side sleeper. I’m happy to report that this pad lives up to the hype. Probably the best camp sleep I’ve had in years, and packs up nicely. Took a min to inflate, but worth it. Great support, warm and didn’t feel my partner move around in the night. Ditch your camping air mattress for this pad!
Set up is efficient and seems nice and firm. Anxious to use it on a remote canoe trip soon.
All of our products come with a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. If there is a problem with your gear due to manufacturing, we will replace it free of charge, no questions asked. If you have any concerns about your product, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting us for a warranty claim, please include:
- The specific product, including size or length
- Your original order number
- Your current shipping address
We pride ourselves on our courteous and responsive customer service. We'll do our best to make sure all of our customers are happy with their purchase.